Sunday 6 March 2016

Concept For FMP

In my FMP project I want to look into the ways in which audio can be distorted. I find it really interesting how audio can be interrupted and distorted. I will look into things such as radios and how things can effect the frequency to distort the sound. I want to explore how we create music using synthesisers and analogue sound. I find the science and experimental nature of this very interesting and I feel it has very similar approach that designers and artists use to create there work. 

I want to explore the science behind this audio distortion. I want to understand how certain sound are created and why the sounds are reacting in the way they do. I want create visuals that represent this as well as create something that will allow people at the exhibition to hopefully  enjoy and understand it aswell. I feel the experimental nature of this topic will allow me to be more experimental with my outcomes as I hope to find new and exciting ways of creating work and outcomes.

I will look at machines and hardware such as synthesisers and guitar amps and pedals, that can create these sounds and distort them. But also want to explore more manual ways of distorting, so I can actually find and learn for myself how it works. Then with this knowledge I will the research methods and designers work who perhaps have worked on a similar topic and explore ways of visually representing the sounds. I will look at different ways in showcasing my project. I will look at print, motion/animation as well as more physical and interactive outcomes. 


This project is very experimental and it will be lead by my interest into this topic. I feel very excited about this project and I feel that this will drive this project forward. I hope to create something that people will understand and enjoy even if you don't take much interest into art and design. I feel sound is something that all people can feel and it can trigger emotion. Therefore with this project people will allow everyone to take something away from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment